Thursday, June 28, 2012

Black ★ Rock Shooter

Even now that I finished it, it still doesn't make any sense. Not to take away from the quality of the anime, but the story is somewhat confusing and rushed. At first, it takes a while to get used to the action scenes, but once you do, the story goes  on from there. In other words, the action and the art do not stop the story at all. Blac Rock shooter is about a young middle school girl named Mato who lives a carefree life never hating anything or anyone. However, there are two world: the real world in which Mato lives in and the other world full of battling doubles of the real world. Black Rock Shooter happens to be Mato's double. I don't want to give away the story so I will stop there. It is an interesting story.

First I should talk about the art or the animations. It was fantastic. Amazing! I could not believe how incredible the animations were. Most of the battle scenes were shot in 3D giving the action a more realistic, dimensional approach or view. I loved the fighting scenes. It was just mind-boggling. The only downside, however, was the fact that it could be overwhelming at times especially for those not used to having that much 3D in one anime. Even the scenes where they are in their own reality seemed great. Overall, the animations were just perfect.

Now for the second part of my opinion. The story, as I said earlier, seems rushed which is what leads to it being confusing. Each episode (8) centers on Mato, but it also gives emphasis to the other characters. In other words, each episode centers on both Mato and one other character. I believe that they could have made the story flow smoothly if they were to add more episodes. All the important stuff that should have been elaborated on was kept out of the main storyline while the simple things were left on. The characters are interesting in their own right, for their unique personalities and decisions are crucial to the story. Mato's especially has you wondering about your own life.

Overall, I think the story could have gone a multiple of directions. I also strongly believe that their will be a second season mainly due to the many holes that need to be filled. I enjoyed this anime, but not to the point where I truly believed it was great. Being only 8 episodes, it is a good anime to watch to kill time. I wish that this anime received more publicity than it currently has. It's sole contributor to its fame is the figmas and OVA that received the fame beforehand. If you want to watch an anime with great animations, then I strongly suggest this one. Either way, do not really expect it to be great. It's good, but not amazing. I would give it a 7/10 mainly because of it's great animations. Hopefully the second season, if it happens, isn't as rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment